Empathy Statements to use in a call centre
When you are working in a call centre or any customer service role its inevitable that at times you will be dealing with customers who may not have had the desired customer experience your company had set out to achieve.
We already provided you with some great tips on how to manage an angry customer and in this article, we’re going to give you another weapon to add to your armoury – empathy statements.
Knowing the right words to say, and when to say them, can make all the difference in how the customer responds to the situation.
Its a bit cliche, but putting yourself in the customer’s shoes is still one of the best approaches you can take.
Done correctly, and with genuine care, these empathy statements below will ensure you convey the right message:
Empathy Statements to use in a call centre:
1. I’m truly sorry to hear about your experience.
2. I understand how frustrating that must have been.
3. I would feel the same way if that happened to me.
4. I’m sorry you are having this problem.
5. I realise how complicated we’ve made things for you.
5. I appreciate your patience in this matter.
6. I understand that this has been inconvenient for you and how annoying that must be.
7. I realise how upsetting this must be for you.
8. Thanks for bringing that to attention, it’s just not good enough on our behalf.
9. That would frustrate me too.
10. I would be asking exactly the same questions as you are.
11. If I were in your position, I would feel the same way.
12 I know how confusing that must have been.
13. I’m sure there is something else you’d rather be doing so thanks for being patient with me.
- Expert tips on How to manage an angry customer
- Read more articles on Skills & Training in call centres
- Search for upcoming industry courses and conferences on our Events Calendar