CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) is a method of connecting your telephone system to your computer that opens up a world of opportunities to improve the customer experience and efficiency in your call centre.
Uses for CTI technology
Most commonly, CTI technology is an enabler in the call centre for two primary functions:
1. CTI enabled Call Routing
If you are storing customer phone numbers in your CRM tool, your ACD will be able to understand which customer is calling.
This enables you to determine the appropriate Call Routing strategy to apply.
- Ensure that all VIP customer calls are answered ahead of everyone else.
- Connect the customer to the previous agent they spoke to (subject to them being available).
- Route the customer to a product support group if they had just purchased a product
CTI technology really is a powerful enabler to use call routing to offer a personalised service for your customers.
2. CTI enabled Screen Pop
Screen Pop enables information about the customer to appear on the screen as the call comes through so agents can have information such as the customer’s name, address, location as well as things like previous orders, complaints history etc.
Again, by enabling the ACD system to know which customer is calling, the information from your CRM tool can be made to magically appear on the screen.
Basically, no modern contact centre should be without it!
- If you’d like to get CTI technology in your call centre Search our Business Directory for great suppliers
- Receive a shortlist of recommended technology suppliers by using our free CX Connect service saving you time, money and stress.
- Learn more about CX & Call Centre technology