CX Central Collection Notice
This collection notice outlines how we (CX Central ABN 58 817 433 774) (CX Central), collect and handle your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
1. Why do we collect your personal information and how we will use it?
- We collect and use your personal information for the purpose of carrying out our business of
- Providing news and information on contact centres and customer experience related matters
- Resources such as ‘how to’ guides
- Purchasing advertising or business directory listings
- Submitting enquiries to us for support
- Submitting articles, press releases and industry news for publication
We use your personal information to tailor our products and services to you, send you information about our products and services, offers and promotions, conduct customer satisfaction surveys, publish testimonials and to communicate changes to our services or terms and conditions.
2. Are there circumstances where we collect your personal information and you may not be aware?
(i) We use “Cookies” to administer, analyse and improve the website performance and content, and to monitor your use of our website. Cookies are small files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser and enable our site to recognise your browser and remember certain information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you should be able to configure your computer so that it disables cookies or does not accept them.
(ii) We also use Google Analytics to track your use of our website. Google Analytics is a website analytics service provided by Google, Inc that places cookies on your computer’s browser. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website is transmitted to Google. This information is then used for the purpose of compiling statistical reports enabling us to analyse the number of visits to our website, the average time spent on our website and the pages viewed. You should be able to configure your browser to disable Google Analytics.
3. Do we collect your personal information from third party sources?
No, we will not collect your personal information from anyone other than you.
4. Do we collect sensitive information?
We do not, without your consent or as otherwise authorised by law, request any sensitive information from you.
5. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We use your personal information to provide you with access to our membership zone. This enables you to access restricted resources and guides as well as joining our free newsletter and notification service.
We may also send you marketing materials and information about our products and services, offers and promotions. We will not use any sensitive information we collect from you for direct marketing without your prior consent.
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing material from us you may withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link on emails or by contacting us at email@example.com
6. What are the consequences of you not providing your personal information?
You will not be able to:
- Join our members area
- Submit articles, press releases or industry news for publication
- Comment on articles
- Leave testimonials
- Enquire about our products and services or support services
- Purchase any advertising or directory listings
7. Who are we likely to disclose your personal information to?
(i) Our partner websites: CX Connect, CX Consult, CX Skills and FlexibleJobs.com.au
(ii) Advertisers who have provided material to download (we track who downloads which case studies, white papers etc. and provide this information to our advertisers).
(iii) The Rocket Science Group LLC, trading as MailChimp, to manage our email distribution activities;
(iv) our cloud server providers that are based in Australia; and
(v) any other agents we engage to provide services to you.
We will not disclose your sensitive information to any other party.
8. How can you access, update or make a complaint about our handling of your personal information?
9. Do we disclosure your personal information to overseas entities?
(i) We disclose our email lists to MailChimp, an email distribution management service owned by the Rocket Science Group LLC, a State of Georgia limited liability company based in the USA. MailChimp may store information we provide to it on its servers which are primarily located in the USA and is subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and APPs.
(ii) We disclose your personal information to Zendesk, Inc. to provide our live chat functionality. Zendesk is based in the USA and may store information we provide to it on servers located in the USA and the European Economic Area. Zendesk is subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and APPs.
(iii) We use certain plugins to help administer our Website that may or may not store some personal information on their servers/databases overseas.
Thank you for taking the time to read this collection notice.
This Notice was last updated December 2018