The 2016 winners of Australian Service Excellence Awards
In a gala event held at Crown Casino in Melbourne on 26 October 2016, the 2016 Australian Service Excellence Award winners were announced by the Customer Service Institute of Australia (CSIA).
The winners are determined through an online submission, telephone interview and for the centre awards, a two-hour site visit.
Please note these awards are not just specific to contact centres.
There are a number of categories that recognise a range of different service excellence categories for both individuals and organisations.
Congratulations to all of the following winners.
2016 Australian Service Excellence Award winners
Individual Award Winners
- Customer Service CEO of the Year: Winner – Dominic Drennan Click Energy, Service Hero – Dara Karlusic Executive Travel Management
- Customer Service Executive of the Year: Winner – Brett Jorgensen Defence Housing Australia, Service Hero – Cherie Diaz Ivy College
- Customer Service Manager of the Year: Winner -Vedran Sukurma Virgin Mobile Australia, Service Hero – Charlotte Whyatt Vocus Communications
- Customer Service Leader of the Year: Winner – Cynthia Di Natale Ivy College, Service Hero – Phoebe Simpson ING Direct
- Customer Service Professional of the Year: Winner – Hayden Innes NAB, Wealth Operations, Service Hero – Inge McCloud Chief Information Officer Group, Department of Defence
- Customer Service advocate of the Year: Winner – Yazmin James American Express Australia Limited, Service Hero – Natalie Mackenzie Harbour City Ferries
Organisation Award Winners
- Customer Service Project of the Year: Winner – Link Housing – Mystery Shopper Program, Service Champion – ING Direct Australia
- Customer Service Team of the Year: Winner – V/Line Pakenham Team, Service Champion – Transdev Melbourne
- Service Excellence – Large Business: Winner – AMP Capital Shopping Centre, Service Champion – Transdev Melbourne
- Service Excellence – Medium Business: Winner – Ivy College, Service Champion – Smartsalary
- Service Excellence – Small Business: Winner – Observatory Hotel, Southern Cross Resorts, Service Champion Wisdom Learning
- Service Excellence – Government: Winner – City of Melville, Service Champion – Smart Service Queensland
- Service Excellence – Not For Profit: Winner – The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd (HCF), Service Champion – CIOF, Department of Defence
- Service Excellence in a Large Contact Centre: Winner – American Express Australian Limited, Service Champion – ING Direct
- Service Excellence in a Medium Contact Centre: Winner – Sunsuper, Service Champion – WEX Australian
- Service Excellence in a Small Contact Centre: Winner – Centorinno Technologies, Service Champion – Australian Unity
- Best of the Best – American Express Australia Limited
CSIA also handed out ‘Friendly Awards’ although we’re a little less clear on what these are about, I guess winning it is a good thing!
The 2016 CSIA Friendly Awards winners:
- Everyday Banking – Bendigo Bank
- Internet Service Provider – iiNet
- Mobile Service Provider – Amaysim
- Superannuation – AMP Superannuation
- Home Loans – ANZ Bank
- Home Insurance – RACQ
- Health Insurance – HBF
- Automotive Servicing – BMW
- Retail – Mitre 10
- Fast Food – Boost Juice
- Domestic Airlines – Qantas Airways
- Cruise Lines – Carnival Cruise Line
- Electricity Provider – ActewAGL
- Gas Provider – Simply Energy
- Water Provider – Yarra Valley Water
To view the winners from previous years click the links below: