Prices for Specialist CX and Call Centre Consultants
We often get asked what are the standard rates for consultants in Australia that specialise in contact centres or CX?
I think this quote says it best:
“If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do a job, wait until you hire an amateur!”
In our experience, rates range from around $800 through to around $5,000 per day which is obviously quite a big range.
The rates vary due to:
- Experience (everything from a couple of years experience through to decades)
- Agency or private (Private as a rule are a bit cheaper as they don’t have the same overheads)
- Type of specialisation (refer below)
Of course, you can also save a bunch of money and consult with the experts already in your business…
Just go and ask your frontline staff what needs to be fixed – you’d be surprised how much they know!
Types of CX and Call Centre Consultants
With regards to contact centres, there are generalists who have a holistic view of the various elements of contact centres through to specialists – experts at discrete areas like Workforce Optimisation, Training Programs, Customer Journey Mapping, Gamification, Technology etc.
Health Checks are a great way to gain an independent assessment of your contact centre operations – learn more about our service >>>
Customer Experience (CX) is also the same. According to the CXPA (Customer Experience Professionals Association) there are six core areas of knowledge:
- Customer-Centric Culture
- Voice of the Customer, Customer Insight, and Understanding
- Organizational Adoption and Accountability
- Customer Experience Strategy
- Experience Design, Improvement, and Innovation
- Metrics, Measurement, and ROI
CX Consultants may specialise in one or two of the above competencies, or provide skills and experience across all domains.
The best place to find CX & Call Centre consultants?
You can search and filter consultants by specific skillsets for free in our CX Directory >>>